2014年10月20日月曜日

BR02-03:The Peach Boy

"Every Monday, the old woman went to the river to wash their clothes."(p.5)
 This is an old story in Japan, named "Momotaro".  It is very famous in Japan and of course, I know.  I know this story but in English, I notice some differences from the Japanese story.  In Japanese, the time the old woman went to the river is not written "every Monday" but written "in one day morning".  And it continues that the old man went to the mountain to lawn mowing and the old woman went to the river to wash their clothes.  However, in English, it is not written anything about the old man.  Of course, it is not necessary but I have heard the sentences for long time, so I feel difference between English and Japanese.  I also haven't known that Japanese "Kibidango" said dumpling in English.
 This book has some nice picture.  The Ogre King is drawn like king and it is interesting.  In Japan, it may be not a king.  If you read this book, you can feel such difference between Japanese and English.  So, I recommend that you read this book.


Frith,Alex. (2009) The Peach Boy. London: Usborne


176/856

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿