2014年7月7日月曜日

BR09:The Emperor's New Clothes

"I can't see anything.  I'm not worthy of being emperor!" (p.30)


 I know this story as "The Naked Emperor" in Japanese.  People don't want to be looked stupid, so they said something like seeing the invisible clothes.  However, a boy, who don't care about how he is looked, said "He is naked!"  Eventually, that is real.  I think this story said "Don't care the words which is said by others, and believe your own eyes."  I often mind about the words said by others and how I looks.  Of course, I should do a little, but I don't have to do like the boy who said "He is naked!"  How I looks and the words said by others are not problem!
 This book is very popular in Japan.  Maybe, you must hear it somewhere, such as kindergarten or primary school.  The title is different from Japanese title, but you can know how it is translated.  The illustrations help you understand the story.  Almost all story is not different from Japanese "The Naked Emperor".  I recommend that you read this book!


based story by Hans Christian Andersen, retold by Davidson, Susanna. (2007) The Emperor's New Clothes.  London: Usborne


169/5373

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿