2015年1月13日火曜日

BR02-13: A Christmas carol


"Merry Christmas!"(p.54)
 I take the class of the History of English Literature.  And I learned about the original author of this book, Charles Dickens.  He is the second person of the most famous author in UK, only after William Shakespeare.  He was not educated enough but he wrote a lot of great works, and they became famous and popular.  Many English words became to popular and to used among people by using in Charles Dickens' book.
 A Christmas carol is one work of the series of Christmas by Charles Dickens.  It became many movies, such as one by Disney, one in which Jim Carry is.  The story is about turning over a new leaf of a greedy and cruel person.  And, after this book was published and read, the word, "Merry Christmas", was to be used among people, I heard.  And Charles Dickens' Christmas series greatly influenced the customs of Christmas.
 This story moved me.  Greedy and cruel person, Scrooge, were changed by being showed his past, his now, and his future.  Reminding my past days are very important to compare with my nowadays.  I can predict my future by it.  It is very useful to change my habit in nowadays.  I think that A Christmas carol show me those.
 This book is not more difficult to read and to understand than the original one.  There are a lot of illustrations in this book, and they help me to understand the story.  Also, Charles Dickens is a very famous in foreign country, so reading this book is useful for you to talk with foreigner.  I recommend that you read this book!


Sims, Lesley (2003) A Christmas carol. London: Usborne

269/12104

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿